Video poker is one of the most popular casino games that made their way from land based to online and mobile casinos. Thanks to technological inventions and new concepts, playing mobile video poker on the go is quite fun and interesting, and it is an extremely popular choice with South African players. There are plenty mobile devices like smart phones and tablets that enable players to play this thrilling casino game and its variants. The iPad is one such device whose quality and graphics make iPad video poker play quite spectacular. The iPad uses iOS mobile operating system that is compatible with many mobile casinos and gives players the opportunity to play real money iPad video poker.
The game is easy to play. You simply choose which of the 5 dealt cards to discard and which ones to keep. There are various iPad video poker variants that add to the fun of playing mobile video poker with iPad. To play them, you need to download and install iPad video poker app or iPad casino app that offers video poker games on the device. Alternatively, you can visit an iPad casino directly on the Safari browser on your iPad and start playing from South Africa in a matter of minutes.
Types of Real Money iPad Video Poker Games and Rules
iPad video poker for real money has a couple of variants. They basically follow the standard rules of the game, but each variant has its own distinct characteristics, specific rules and pay table. The following are the most popular real money video poker games for iPad:
- Jacks or Better. As the name implies, to get a payout in this iPad video poker variant and win real cash you need to make a poker hand that is comprised of at least two Jacks, or a Jack and better. This is the easiest video poker game to play on the iPad and it is recommended for both beginners and pros.
- Aces and Faces. To win real cash by playing this iPad video poker game, you need to get four Aces or face cards. It is one of the rarest video poker games that gives a higher payout for hitting four Aces than a straight flush.
- Deuces Wild. In this variant, the 2s act as wild or joker cards, therefore, you get four wild cards and the odds of winning are better. But the smallest paying card is three or a kind, not a pair which changes the odds dramatically. Nevertheless, the game is quite fun to play and with appropriate strategy you can get the best of it.
- Bonus Video Poker. This iPad video poker for real cash gives a bonus payout for extra hands. For example, to get a good payout you need to have a hand of four Aces or four 2s. The rules of Jacks or Better apply.
How to Find a Full Pay Video Poker Game for iPad?
With so many video poker real money games for iPad available in South Africa, it can be a bit difficult to find a variant that has full pay or a game that pays back better than the other variants. This is frequently represented in percentage. For example, a Jacks or Better video poker for iPad has 99.5% return to player rate. This percentage is calculated over the life span of the machine.
To find a full pay iPad video poker for real cash, you need to have a close look at the pay tables of the variants for one coin because it is easier to figure out the calculations. Moreover, the return to player percentage of a game can be seen in the rules section of the game. In addition, by closely observing their pay tables for particular winning combinations you can notice whether the iPad video poker game is full pay.
For example, full pay Jacks or Better for iPad is also a 9/6 video poker machine. In other words, the full house payout of the game should be 9 times your bet, while the flush should be 6 times your bet. If you find a 9/6 video poker iPad machine, you are on the right track.
iPad Video Poker Tips and Tricks
Even though it is a casino game of chance, to win cash at iPad video poker you also need use playing strategies that will tell you which cards to keep and which ones to give away. There are also a couple of tips and tricks that can help you improve your winning chances:
- Pick an iPad video poker variant with higher return to player rate. Jacks or Better, for instance, has 99.54% expected return, while Joker Poker has 98.60%.
- The Ace is not the most important card. This card in video poker has the same value as the face cards.
- Always keep the minimum winning hand according to the pay table and never break it for a higher card.
- Practice makes it prefect. Therefore, if you are new to the game, practice iPad video poker in free mode.